Meet Our Staff
Darlene A. Kemp, MPH, MBA-HCM
Darlene Kemp is the Executive Director of Vista Points, Inc. – a nonprofit corporation that serves as trustee of pooled, first-party, and third-party Special Needs Trusts. The organization provides education, advocacy and services related to Special Needs Trusts, for people of any age living with a physical, mental, and/or intellectual disability.
Darlene Kemp holds the following degrees:
- Masters in Business (concentration in Health Care Management) from the University of Phoenix
- Masters of Public Health (concentration in Gerontology) from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Bachelors degree in Business, Family and Consumer Science (concentration in Gerontology) from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Prior to her current position, Darlene was responsible for the growth and development of the Arthritis Pain and Rehabilitation Center at Easter Seals and was the State Director of Programs and Services for the Arthritis Foundation. Darlene’s professional achievements include over 25 years of experience working in health-related organizations in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Darlene supports the community and has served in the following capacity:
- Board of Directors member of the Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee
- Board of Directors member of the Rutherford County Tennessee Council on Aging
- Board of Directors member of the Tennessee Disability Coalition
- Past President of the Senior Services Network of the Midsouth
- Mental Health America of Middle Tennessee Education Committee
- Leadership Council of the Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee member
- Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee Administrative Committee chair
- Intentional Older Adults Ministry Network member
- Mount Juliet Tennessee Chamber of Commerce member
- Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce member
- Rutherford Senior Providers Network facilitator
Being involved in community activities that will better serve the aging population, and people of any age who are living with a disability, is a purposeful endeavor for Darlene. In her free time, Darlene enjoys traveling, boating, hiking, and gardening.
Theresa J. Law, LPN
Senior Public Relations Marketer
Theresa J. Law, LPN joined the Vista Points team in 2017 bringing with her over 20 years’ experience in healthcare, helping those dealing with the uncertainty of available services and payor sources. Her Public Relations and Marketing background compliments the Vista Points’ vision to raise awareness, provide education and promote advocacy with regards to Special Needs Trusts.
“Vista Points is the perfect fit for me. Small in number but large in professionalism, we provide Trustee services to our beneficiaries in some of the most difficult times of their lives. I’ve witnessed first-hand the heartbreaking situations individuals can find themselves in, often not knowing where to turn. I welcome the opportunity to discuss special needs trusts with them.”
Theresa has two children and loves spending time with them and her family. She also enjoys attending and participating in church activities. Theresa is a true fan of University of Tennessee sports where The Pride of the Southland perform.
Bill Emmerling, BA
Public Relations Manager
Bill joined the Vista Points team in 2019. His wife Lisa and he reside in Collierville, TN. As Bill puts it, “I’m not from the South, but I got here as quick as I could.”
Bill manages the West Tennessee Region (a little east of Jackson, TN to the Mississippi River), as a Public Relations Marketer. He provides information and education on the benefits of Special Needs Trusts. His past experience working with a Germantown law firm, as well as with The Best Times Senior Magazine has allowed him to become aware of the “special needs” people have throughout west Tennessee. The remainder of Bill’s sales management experience has been in the food processing and wholesale food industry, primarily with Sara Lee Foods and Smithfield Foods, some 30 years combined.
Bill graduated from California State University at Fullerton with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration (Marketing).
Bill has served on the following boards:
- Past President and Board Member of Serra Club of Memphis
- Former Chairman and Member of Incarnation Pastoral Council
- Co-Founder, Fishers of Men, Men’s Prayer Group
- Co-Founder, Chairman & Board Member of Social Ministry Office of Incarnation Catholic Church
- Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus
Bill served in the US Army, in West Germany (during the Vietnam War).
While not at work, Bill enjoys photography, woodworking, being on the golf course, and spending time with his wife.
Lennon Harris, BS
Financial Systems Coordinator
Lennon is the Financial Services Coordinator of Vista Points, Inc., overseeing and maintaining all Trust accounts. He also actively participates in various marketing venues to help create awareness of special needs trusts and related services.
After graduating from Brentwood Academy in 1993, Lennon attended the University of Tennessee at Martin where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
Lennon worked for a transportation brokerage company as an accounting clerk for five years. From there, he pursued a career in property management serving as site coordinator to several properties throughout the Nashville/Metropolitan area. Lennon also served as an office manager for a Community High School that focused on children who were alcohol or chemical dependent. Before coming to Vista Points, Lennon worked four years as an accounting executive for a nonprofit organization in the Nashville area.
In Lennon’s spare time, he enjoys spending time with his son and participating in sporting events.
“Working with Vista Points gives me the satisfaction of knowing we are doing our very best to serve our beneficiaries and their families. We assist in providing care and educating them regarding their everyday needs while living with a disability.” – C. Todd
Know what you are risking by not taking advantage of the protection offered by a Special Needs Trust. Vista Points can connect you to the resources to establish a Special Needs Trust, all with your specific and individual needs in mind.